“Any of you doing tris/IMs after total hip replacement? Got a THR 4 weeks ago – thought I would switch to aqua bike – been reading about people running post THR – still seems like a bit of a gamble with respect to increased risk of needing a revision compared to low impact activity. Thanks for any comments.”I doubt that the general triathlon sites answer questions about training and racing after joint replacements. Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question with authority; I do not have the proper training. That’s why I am writing this post.
I Need Your Experience With Triathlon Training After Age 50We, the age 50+ triathlon community, will appreciate your comments on the following:
- Have you used or are you using a triathlon training plan specific to your age group or even for those age 50 and over?
- Are you aware of such training programs and, if so, what have you heard about them?
- What have you learned about training as you age?
- What are the main changes you have made in your training?
- How has your training for swimming, biking, and running changed as you have aged?
- As someone age 50 or over, how do you advise someone ages 50, 60, 70, or even age 80 to train for a longer race? For example, how does a person our age who does Olympic distance triathlons train for an Ironman?
- Are you or someone you know able to answer training questions like that from RL (above)?
- What can we do to achieve the goal of Senior Triathletes being a valuable resource for information, besides inspiration, for beginner and intermediate triathletes age 50 and over?